- To make an effort to do or accomplish (something); attempt: tried to ski.
- To taste, sample, or otherwise test in order to determine strength, effect, worth, or desirability: Try this casserole. Try the door.
- To examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process.
- To put (an accused person) on trial.
- To subject to great strain or hardship; tax: The last steep ascent tried my every muscle.
- To melt (lard, for example) to separate out impurities; render.
- To smooth, fit, or align accurately.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Try, Try, and Try Again