Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life and Death

I am feeling a bit of the circle of life this week.

A very good friend lost his battle with brain cancer this week. He was only 37.
We also received some not so good news about another member of our friend family who has been missing since November. It is too long of a story to get into, but needless to say it looks like perhaps some foul play is involved in his disappearance.

But even as we loose these friends we are expecting to bring a new life into the world shortly. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense to me.

7 comments:

Jessica White said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends *hugs* It always seems a bit harder to deal with the "bad" while having the "good" as well.

ICLW

Anonymous said...

ugh! so sorry to hear about this. glad you have some good in your life as well.

*hugs*

GINA and KEV said...

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your friends. May you find the peace in your heart during this difficult time to celebrate the life in your belly.

ICLW

Aramelle {One Wheeler's World} said...

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I hope that you are able to find comfort in the memories you share with your friend.

ICLW
Aramelle
from http://the-wheeler-family.net/anewwheeler/

KandiB said...

Another northwest blogger here...Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's so exciting. It is an odd dichotomy ...having joy tempered by "life."

Have a fantastic week!

ICLW

Marie said...

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I have lost many people I care about to that horrible disease. Congrats on your wonderful new creation.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. Take solace in this new life you're creating. ICLW