Sunday, May 25, 2008

Let the commenting begin!!!

Ok, ok, so I haven't been too inspired to write on this blog much these days. I think I've been trying to ignore the whole thing lately. If I keep myself occupied with other things it is easier. And as much as I love the IF blog community and its tremendous support and understanding, I've found it hard to read IF blogs lately, as it reminds me of the big decisions W and I need to make and how we are dragging our feet on it.

However, this is the beginning of NaComLeaveMo and it is my intention to try my darndest to participate. So, I am going to write something, anything to get my ass in gear.

So, here I am in Bend, Oregon for memorial day weekend and it is raining and I seem to have come down with a head cold!!! ugh! And we have tickets to see Modest Mouse tonight and it looks like the weather is going to be bad and I don't really feel like going at all.... total bummer....Since we don't have any kids I was planning a weekend of rock and drunken debauchery for this holiday weekend, but neither my health nor the weather is cooperating. So, instead of a wild weekend I find myself sitting here on the couch in the cabin reading IF blogs. Kinda depressing in a way.

What are you doing this weekend?

13 comments:

MsPrufrock said...

I'm here via NaCommentawhatever. A weekend spent in a cabin reading blogs while it rains sounds nice to me, though I am known to be a bit of a loser.

I hope your weekend gets better. Go see Modest Mouse, they're fun!

momofonefornow said...

Hi, I'm over from NCLM (typing it all out is getting a bit cumbersome). Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

We are not doing anything. We need to be making arrangements for my niece's 4th of July wedding in Baltimore but neither DH or I feels motivated to do so. So instead i am also a loser reading IF blogs. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Jessica White said...

Hello,
Here for NCLM. I'm sorry you're weekend isn't going to well. I hope it get's better!

We're just working on some construction projects around the house.

seussgirl said...

Sorry the weather's bad there; I love Oregon! It's nice enough here that we're having a bbq with friends; hope you find something fun in your weekend!

alicia said...

Ohh to bad about being sick. Modest Mouse would have been awesome! I hope you feel better soon.

Here from NaComLeavMo

annacyclopedia said...

I just found you from NaComLeavMo (I actually love typing it out because it makes me laugh everytime I see it - it's such a weird and awkward abbreviation.) I really like your blog, and I completely relate to your post from a while ago about people not offering you comfort about the option of not having kids. I have found it incredibly frustrating for people to be unable to just hear my fears and my sadness, needing to put a happy ending on things somehow. It's been my experience, too, that everyone wants to tell me it will all work out. It usually makes me so angry that I just shut down - anytime I've tried to communicate with friends or family about that issue, they just don't get it.

Anyway, very true post. Hope your weekend was good and you got to see Modest Mouse - they're always good. I live in Canada, so I didn't get a long weekend this week. We saw a movie, played with the dog, and did preliminary fence construction work. Feel free to come by my blog, I'm invite only, but if you email me, I'll add you to the list.

Nadine said...

NaComLeavMo

wow I spent this past weekend in Toronto looking for a house to buy, we didn't buy anything. I have no idea what modest mouse is, but i hope you had fun.

Kim said...

Sorry about the crummy weather. We did the traditional BBQ and a trip to the beach in NJ! Here from NCLM too!

JJ said...

Hope you were able to enjoy the concert despite the weather--I love MM's new song! Gets stuck in my head...

Just wanted to say HI and happy NCLM--and Im glad to have found your blog--I know how hard it is to come out of that shell of protection and go forward with gaining more knowledge in this journey. I'll be back to hear how things are going.

And I LOVE your onesies--I have bookmarked your etsy shop--Im sure it can be bittersweet making them, but you do a great job!

Heidi said...

My weekend sounds very similar to yours, except add working the mornings into it :)

Unknown said...

Also visiting via NaComLeaveMo. Your weekend sounds pretty good to me as well. I quite enjoy the holing up somewhere nice and reading while the rain pelts down. Hope your feeling better for it!

DC said...

I hope you feel better!! Thanks again for stopping by my blog to say hello! :)

Shinejil said...

I hope your head cold cleared, the weather improved, and that Modest Mouse was lovely.

Our weekend was a cleaning, gardening, and training fest. Whoppee.